The heavy traffic in Atlanta poses a significant challenge to many commuters. For this reason, public transportation has become the most preferred means for many people. Transportation in and around the greater Atlanta area is exceptionally cost-effective and effective thanks to MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority). Formed in 1971, MARTA initially provided bus transportation only.
However, since then, the system links to rapid rail transit currently through the expansion of a tightly woven network of bus routes. With nearly 48 miles of railroad track and 38 train stations, the rail transit is very reliable and efficient.
The negligence of bus drivers or other motor vehicle drivers on the road often causes MARTA bus accidents. However, bus accidents can result in serious – and sometimes catastrophic – injuries no matter who’s ultimately deemed at fault.
We are dedicated to offering legal
In a civil case, you have the right to receive compensation for any bodily injury and medical expenses incurred from it.
Fines may be imposed on an individual who cannot afford their own attorney when they are sued in court. If this is not resolved before trial then plead “guilty” if found guilty of your crime or request jury verdicts which could result in being sentenced to prison time!
A MARTA bus accident attorney at Singleton Law Firm LLC. is ready and dedicated to offering legal help if you have been injured as a passenger on a MARTA bus. Therefore, it is imperative that you consult them as soon as possible following the accident.
MARTA Bus Accident Attorney at Singleton will investigate your case meticulously, and our experienced team of attorneys and investigators will advise you accordingly on the right legal step or action to take to recover compensation for your injuries.
Causes of MARTA Bus Accidents
MARTA bus accidents occur due to negligence, and some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving – A perfect storm for an accident is created when a bus driver operates a bus in a distracted manner. The use of electronic devices, such as GPS devices or cell phones, while driving, as well as disruptive or loud bus patrons, are considered distractions.
- DUI – The driver’s central nervous system and reaction time slow down when he or she is under the influence of depressants such as alcohol and drugs. It also significantly contributes to the impairment of the driver’s vision. There is a significant increase in the risk of an accident when a bus driver operates a bus while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or while intoxicated. Moreover, a bus driver driving while under the influence may swerve, collide with another motor vehicle, change lanes abruptly, or strike a tree or other object. Severe and potentially catastrophic injuries and damages to bus patrons can occur due to all of these accidents.
- Speeding – Driving too fast for the current weather conditions or exceeding the posted speed limit are dangerous acts of speeding. Large vehicles such as buses have the potential to hydroplane when they move fast on wet surfaces. As a result, the bus driver can quickly lose control of the bus.
- Cutting corners or curves too sharply – Due to their large size, sometimes it can be difficult for buses to navigate sharp turns. When this happens at a traffic intersection or on the roadway, the bus may collide with another vehicle.
Common Injuries Suffered In MARTA Bus Accidents
Common injuries resulting from a bus or train accident include: Burns Head and brain injuries Fractured bones Strains and sprain back, neck, spine Injuries Internal injury Paralysis. Cases involving public transportation accidents can result in some of the aforementioned wounds — at Singleton Law Firm LLC. our MARTA accident attorneys have worked on cases that resulted in these types of damages.
There is a higher risk of personal injury for passengers on a bus involved in an accident than those in other types of motor vehicles. Unlike modern buses, many older buses are not equipped with seatbelts.
Therefore, in the event the bus is involved in an accident, the force of impact may throw passengers, and cause them to sustain injuries, especially when they make contact with the back of a seat or a headrest. Moreover, an accident victim may suffer a serious back, neck, or head injury when he or she falls out of a seat and onto the floor due to the lack of restraint on many buses.
Some bus accident injuries are more severe than others. Accident victims can suffer soft tissue injuries, or in severe cases, the injuries may involve broken bones and fractures.
Victims of MARTA bus accidents may suffer the following injuries:
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Back and spinal cord injuries
MARTA Bus Accident Attorney
Our experienced and reputable Atlanta bus accident attorney at Singleton Law Firm LLC. can offer you legal help to pursue compensation for your injury if you or your loved one has suffered an injury in a MARTA bus accident.
At a personal injury law firm, we ensure that you are compensated no matter what insurance company we have to file against. Our goal is your success! Please feel free to call us at (770) 889-6010 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and case review with an accident lawyer today.
Still not sure? Read our post about one of our famous cases – MARTA bus claim – Recovery of $18.7 million.