Whiplash Compensation Claim Atlanta
Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that results from rear-end car crashes. It occurs when the neck and head are jerked forward and brought to a stop suddenly. Each year, thousands of people in the US suffer from some form of a whiplash injury, but most of them do not realize that they may pursue a whiplash compensation claim Atlanta to help them to make up for their suffering and recover any financial losses.
If you decide that you want to make an Atlanta whiplash compensation claim, you need to consult a qualified, experienced, and reputable attorney to discuss your claim. Within a short consultation session with our whiplash compensation claim attorney at Singleton Law Firm, he will be able to determine whether you have a valid, viable claim and if it’s worth it for you to go ahead with your claim or not.
Whiplash can lead to health issues
Whiplash can lead to various health issues that may last for months or even years, making it difficult to work and earn a living as well as enjoy things you love to do in life. Medical treatment and physical therapy can be costly, adding more burden as you work towards recovery.
When another driver’s negligence causes an accident that leads to whiplash, you may want to recover compensation through a claim or personal injury lawsuit. It is crucial to support your whiplash compensation claim Atlanta by following the following five steps if you want to have a better chance of getting compensation.
5 Steps To Have a Better Chance of Getting Compensation
1. Seek Immediate Medical Care
You should always seek medical attention immediately, even if you aren’t experiencing any signs or symptoms of whiplash. Sometimes, it takes hours or even days to experience whiplash symptoms, such as:
- Arm, shoulder, or upper back pain;
- Numbness through the arms;
- Limited range of motion in the neck;
- Pain when moving the neck;
- Ringing in the ears;
- Blurred vision;
- Memory issues;
- Sleep disturbances.
Seek medical attention
The earlier you seek medical attention from a qualified professional, the faster your injuries will be treated. Immediate treatment could help prevent your injuries from worsening and possibly speed up recovery.
Seeking immediate medical attention is also essential to the success of your whiplash compensation claim. It’ll help to stop insurance companies, juries, and judges from suspecting your claim illegitimate or that a preexisting condition caused your brain injury.
2. Follow Your Treatment Plan
Once your doctor prescribes a treatment plan for you, always follow it strictly. This is crucial to help you recover quickly and minimize setbacks or other side effects.
By following the treatment plan accordingly, it will demonstrate to juries, attorneys, and insurance companies that you suffered a severe injury. Your chances of recovering compensation could end if your discontinue treatment, or the process of filing the claim could become much more contentious, possibly affecting the amount of compensation you get.
3. File an Insurance Claim Early Enough
After your injury, contact the insurance company of the at-fault driver and file a claim with them as soon as possible, so you don’t miss the set deadlines of the insurance company.
Stick to these best practices when filing a whiplash compensation claim Atlanta:
- Stick to the facts – Give the insurer the facts only. Never give opinions or speculate. The exact date, time, and place of the accident are crucial. Don’t guess, provide the correct information. As you continue to receive medical treatment, you may also inform the insurance company. Don’t provide information regarding the severity of your injuries or the degree of pain you’re suffering. Maintain your chances of obtaining compensation, and so, avoid discussing these kinds of things with the insurer because you could unintentionally hurt claim.
- Don’t admit fault – Don’t admit any fault in the crash. While holding fault doesn’t prevent you from getting compensation, the insurance company can use what you say against you. Let the claim process proceed, and the level of fault you hold in the accident, if any, will come out through the evidence.
- Don’t undergo an independent medical examination – Reject any directions from the insurance asking you to see their physician. You don’t have to do so. This doctor is looking out for the insurance company’s best interests since he works for them. Their goal is to pay you less or nothing at all for your whiplash injury.
4. Collect Evidence
Collect evidence to support your injury claims, including:
- Medical records from before the accident showing your health status;
- Medical records from after the crash;
- Documentation of expenses;
- Test results.
5. Seek Legal Assistance
Building a strong case and negotiating with the insurers will require an experienced and reputable whiplash compensation claim Atlanta attorney to maximize compensation for your injuries. Further, an attorney can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages if the insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement.
Whiplash Compensation Claim Atlanta
At Singleton Law Firm, our experienced and dedicated attorneys work with various whiplash victims to support their claims and maximize their potential compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. We will protect your interests as we fight for your compensation. We guarantee you maximum guidance through the process.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys. Call us at (770) 889-6010 or use the contact form to make an inquiry.