Catastrophic Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents can happen to anyone, even the most careful drivers. They are an unfortunate reality of today’s life. A driver gets exposed to the possibility of being involved in a car accident when he or she gets behind the wheel. A severe car accident can cause critical injuries that can alter one’s life permanently, and it only takes a second for it to occur. Such injuries are referred to as catastrophic injuries. If you are a victim of catastrophic injuries due to a car accident, you will need to consult our Atlanta catastrophic car accident lawyers at Singleton Law Firm to help you seek and recover compensation that you deserve.
There is an acceptable standard for using the word “catastrophic,” although the media often uses it to describe auto accident injuries. A catastrophic injury is a type of injury from which a victim isn’t likely to recover fully. Simply put, the casualty is left with the need for long-term care, disfigurement, and disability. Further, it can prevent one from going back to work or even performing daily routine activities.
Ensured that the use of the word “catastrophic” isn’t light or exaggerated when your injuries following a car accident are termed as catastrophic. In such a situation, you’ll face the possibility of a huge legal battle and difficult physical recovery.
Contact an experienced and reputable Atlanta catastrophic car accident attorney
It’s crucial to contact an experienced and reputable Atlanta catastrophic car accident attorney for an initial case review if you’ve suffered catastrophic injuries following a catastrophic car accident.
You may be eligible for legal compensation for the damages incurred. At Singleton Law Firm, our catastrophic car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping car accident victims recover compensation for their life-altering injuries. Their comprehensive skills, experience, and tenacity will be essential in building a strong case/claim.
Please feel free to contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at (770) 889-6010 or fill our online contact form.
Types of Car Accident Injuries That May Be Considered Catastrophic
The results of the injury will determine whether an injury is catastrophic. It isn’t so much on the injuries sustained nor the severity of the accident. For instance, an individual could suffer a fractured limb in a collision that leaves him or her unable to walk or suffer an incapacitating head injury.
However, specific injuries result from the trauma associated with a severe car accident. They may not be physical. Under Georgia law, you have a right to recover damages from the party or parties responsible for your injuries if someone else’s negligence caused your injuries.
Some of the car accident injuries that can be termed catastrophic include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – An individual usually suffers TBI when he or she receives a violent blow or jolt on the head. It could also occur when objects such as pieces of metal shards or shattered windshield penetrate the skull. A victim who sustains TBI due to a car accident will experience lasting deficits and hardships such as long-term emotional and social difficulties.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A car accident injury can permanently impair the victim’s sensation, strength, and other functions below the point of injury if it causes trauma to any part of the spinal cord or spinal canal nerves. The victim could be rendered in a desperate situation, whereby they’re unable to walk, move, or even feed themselves.
- Paralysis – Paralysis refers to the loss of the ability to control motor functions. It can either be paraplegia or quadriplegia (partial or total paralysis). When it comes to paraplegia, only a limited body area is paralyzed, for instance, the legs. With quadriplegia, however, things are worse as the victim cannot move his or her entire body due to the total paralysis, he or she experiences from the neck down. Paralysis usually occurs due to multiple bone fractures, spinal cord damage, and TBI resulting from a car accident.
- Severe burn injuries – An accident victim may suffer severe burns and deep wounds if a vehicle ignites after a crash. Burn injuries can be catastrophic, and the burned body parts may never recover fully. Also, the victim will be required to take long-term stays at burn/rehabilitation centers.
It is critical to cover large wounds of the victims who sustain burn injuries. As a result, they often need to undergo skin grafting.
- Loss of Limb – If a victim was thrown out of the vehicle during a severe auto crash, the accident could result in amputation. In other cases, the limb may be amputated during post-accident care if the doctors see it necessary to remove it. Loss of limb means that the victim will never be able to perform the normal functions that require the legs or hands, and therefore, in that sense, it is catastrophic.
- Scarring and Disfigurement – In most cases, the vehicle is left in a mangled position in the event of a crash, and the occupants are just as damaged. The victim may suffer severe burns and cuts resulting from flying debris, impact forces, or fire. This may leave the victims scarred and disfigured.
The specialized treatments that victims of catastrophic car accidents often need to undergo may take longer to complete; maybe months or years. The catastrophic car accidents can cause disabilities that may even leave some victims with lifelong care dependence.
If you or a loved one were involved in a vehicle collision due to no fault of your own and you sustained these life-altering injuries, it is paramount to contact one of our Atlanta catastrophic car accident lawyers at Singleton Law Firm as soon as possible. We are ready to fight aggressively to ensure you get the compensation you deserve to take care of all your expenses.
Filing Catastrophic Injury Claims/Lawsuits and Statute of Limitation
You are hurting all because someone else acted negligently, and possibly huge medical expenses are already knocking at your door. These expenses can strain you emotionally and financially. Therefore, you’ll definitely need to recover compensation as soon as possible to take care of them.
Personal injury claims are subject to a strict statute of limitations in Georgia, and therefore, it is essential to understand and adhere to it. Delays may cause you to lose the right to file a claim as you’re only given a limited amount of time to file your claim. In addition, the evidence that acts to your favor could be destroyed.
A statute of limitations is a law that states how long a person has to bring forward a legal action. Since this law can be complex, you need to contact one of our catastrophic car accident lawyers Atlanta as soon as possible to offer you legal help to ensure you meet the deadlines. Also, the statute of limitations may differ with situations surrounding each case, so you must act swiftly to avoid losing your right to file a claim.
Determining and fighting to recover compensation for your catastrophic car accident injuries will only be possible if you’ve vast legal experience. It is often a fact-specific issue. For this reason, dealing with catastrophic injury cases requires comprehensive knowledge and vast experience. Therefore, it is essential to hire a catastrophic accident attorney Atlanta that meets these critical requirements.
Catastrophic Car Accident Lawyers
Catastrophic car accident lawyers at Singleton Law Firm have vast experience in personal injury cases, representing auto accident victims in Atlanta for more than 30 years. The work and the primary goal of the insurance companies and the defendant’s attorney is to ensure you receive a reduced amount of compensation. Therefore, you want to ensure you receive your settlement quickly and favorably, and our catastrophic car accident attorney can help you deal with a non-responsive insurance company.
Call us today at (770) 889-6010 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Catastrophic Car Accident Lawyers