Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
It can be extremely traumatizing to suffer brain injuries, especially at the hands of another person. You may have to face a long and expensive road to recovery. Our traumatic brain injury attorneys have helped many brain injury victims file claims against negligent trucking companies, motorists, and doctors and achieved an excellent track record of results in securing the compensation they needed to cover lost wages and medical expenses. Brain injury law is one of the major practice areas at Singleton Law Firm, and each of our Atlanta traumatic brain injury lawyer is ready and more than happy to help those in need.
We understand that traumatic brain injuries not only have an adverse impact on the financial stability of the victim but also affect their quality of life. We may be able to help you recover compensation for economic damages, and any intangible losses, such as loss of life’s enjoyment if you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence.
Contact our traumatic brain injury lawyers today for a free, comprehensive case review and find out more about how we can help you with your claim.
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
Brain injuries can result from a slip and fall, car accident, motorcycle accident, drowning, work-site accident, or other trauma. The statistical data concerning traumatic brain injury and concussions obtained from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention can be helpful in understanding its causes. It lists the following as the leading causes of these types of personal injury:
- Unintentional blunt trauma – For instance, being hit with a falling item at a construction site would be considered an unintentional blunt trauma.
- Slip and falls
- Car accidents account for about 14% of brain injuries. Further, they are responsible for 26% of all deaths related to traumatic brain injury.
- Medical malpractice may cause traumatic brain injuries. Accidental oxygen deprivation during a medical procedure or failure to properly monitor a patient may cause severe brain damage.
- Brain injuries may occur due to physical assault. Violence causes about 10% of all brain injuries.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Closed Head Injury – This is a traumatic brain injury in which the skull remains intact. These injuries can result in pressure in the brain, a concussion, brain bleed, or other trauma, and therefore, are extremely serious. Common causes include blunt force, falls, and car accidents in which the impact causes the brain to strike against the skulls when the head and neck jolts forward or backward. Closed head injuries are the most common type of traumatic brain injuries.
- Blast Injury – A blast injury results from an explosion, and it’s a severe head injury.
- Penetrating Head Injury – A penetrating head trauma involves a break or fracture in the skull, often by a foreign object or against the ground.
Elements of a Brain Injury Lawsuit
A brain injury victim who has suffered trauma due to someone else negligence is eligible to file a lawsuit. An Atlanta traumatic brain injury lawyer representing the injured party in a negligence claim must prove the following:
- Duty of Care – This refers to a legal obligation on the prevention of harm to others, which requires an individual to exercise a reasonable level of care to avoid injuries. For example, every doctor must perform up to the standard of care established by the medical community.
- Breach of Duty – Any individual or entity that breaches their duty of care may be considered negligent. For example, a doctor may have breached their professional duty if they operate in a manner deemed unacceptable by the standards of the medical community.
- Causation – The negligence of the defendant must have been directly responsible for the damage or injury that occurred.
- Damages – For a victim to file a claim, the injury must have caused economic or non-economic losses.
How Our Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Can Help
You must speak with an experienced and reputable Atlanta traumatic brain injury lawyer if you or your loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident. All of our attorneys have vast experience handling these complex cases. We’ll deal with insurance companies on your behalf and answer your questions so that you may focus on healing. We work closely with medical professionals, industry experts, and investigators to ensure you’ve compensated for your losses appropriately, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning power
Moreover, we believe that you deserve the best legal representation possible, and cost shouldn’t stand in the way of your ability to get such service. For that reason, we won’t charge you any fee unless we recover compensation for you. You pay nothing upfront or out of your pocket.
Atlanta Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
For a free, no-obligation consultation, contact Singleton Law Firm today if you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Call us at (770) 889-6010, fill out an online contact form, or chat live with our representative.