Farming is a dangerous job. Every year, more than 120,000 people suffer injuries in farming accidents. At least 1,300 are fatal accidents. Tractor overturns or upsets account for more than half of fatal farm accidents. Our reputable and dedicated Atlanta Trucking Accident Attorneys at Singleton Law Firm LLC. can help victims involved in tractor accidents.
Farm tractor operators exercising greater caution or stricter safety measures on the manufacturer’s part can help prevent most of the tragic fatalities that tractor accidents cause.
Tractor rollovers account for about 45% of all fatal accidents. They’re the most common type of tractor accident.
Tractor rollovers are the most common tractor accident type, accounting for approximately 45% of all fatal accidents. Other tractor accident fatalities are caused by:
- Run-over accidents (12%);
- Falling off of the tractor (13%);
- Entanglement (5%);
- Getting crushed by/in the tractor (10%).
Protective cabins, roll bars, and seat belts could prevent most tractor-related deaths. As a result, the U.S. Department of Labor committed to improving tractor safety. It instituted the Roll-Over Protective Structure Standard (ROPS Standard). Today, tractor drivers must receive higher training levels before driving, and all tractors must have rollover protective structures.
Causes of Tractor Accidents
Common causes of rollover tractor accidents include:
- Improper ballasting;
- Traveling up a very steep incline;
- Poor hitching;
- Driving too close to a ditch;
- Turning at excessive speeds;
- Holes in fields.
Common causes of runover tractor accidents include:
- Bypass starting;
- A bystander who the driver doesn’t notice;
- An extra rider in a tractor.
How can you choose the right representation?
The power of modern advertising permeates every aspect of our lives, and it seems as though every law firm claims you’re ill-fated if you choose another firm to handle your case. How, then, should you choose the right law firm to help you seek justice, protect your rights, and best serve your interests?
- Experience – Years in the courtroom is essential when it comes to personal injury law. There’s no substitute for it. Ideally, your lawyer will have many years of navigating the Georgia court system.Experienced Alpharetta tractor accident attorneys are comfortable presenting cases in the courtroom as they have presented several cases to juries. Nothing is more valuable than having an experienced attorney on your side when your day in court comes.
- Reputation – You can quickly identify the best lawyers through other lawyers. Look for a law firm that has good standing in the legal community. It is wise to choose lawyers that other lawyers have recognized. Various awards and commendations exist to help you identify them.Also, consider the reputation of a law firm with insurance companies. It is an essential indication of a firm’s quality.
Once the insurance company realizes that your chosen law firm, such as Singleton Law Firm LLC, has a reputation for willingness to go to trial and the ability to obtain large verdicts, they will most likely be more willing to settle your case.
- Focus – You need a personal injury attorney if you have been injured in a farm tractor accident. However, knowing what else the attorney does is essential. Do they specialize in personal injury and tractor accident cases, or is it part of their practice?Seek out an attorney, or rather a law firm specializing in personal injury law and tractor accidents. They have handled cases like yours for many decades and will likely be more prepared for any complications or problems that may arise.
- Resources – Singleton Law Firm LLC. will establish a legal team that will handle your case, and attorneys are just one part of it. A reputable law firm should have a fair investigation team and legal assistants to provide all the needed files, documents, and other resources.
Singleton Law Firm LLC. Can Help
The victims of tractor accidents often sustain very severe injuries that can lead to death in extreme cases. Most often they sustain non-life-threatening injuries. They experience physical injuries and psychological trauma, and these accidents can impose a huge financial burden on them.
Understandably, the financial burden may not be your main concern while recovering from injuries.
Understandably, these financial burdens may not be your primary concern while recovering from your injuries. However, while you’re preoccupied with your medical treatment and doctors’ appointments, the insurance company of your employer is likely coming up with a strategy to limit their liability in your tractor accident.
Many insurance companies have a team of high-profile attorneys who’re very good at identifying and exploiting loopholes to prevent you from getting the proper compensation for your critical injuries.
Often, insurance companies and their attorneys try to bully you into signing a settlement offer that’s far less than the one you rightfully deserve.
Atlanta Tractor Accident Attorney
You must hire an Atlanta Tractor Accident Attorney from Singleton Law Firm LLC. who’s experienced tractor accident litigation and claims to ensure that you get fair compensation for your external or internal injuries.
At Singleton Law Firm LLC., we have the knowledge, skills, and resources required to take on established insurance companies and their lawyers. When you’re up against high-profile insurance attorneys, it’s important to match them with exceptional representation from our Atlanta tractor accident attorney.
If you’ve been injured in a tractor accident, please contact our experienced Atlanta Tractor Accident Attorney today to schedule a free consultation. Call us at (770) 889-6010 or use our contact form.